In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broad Hinton like this:
BROAD-HINTON, a parish in Marlborough district, Wilts; 4¼ miles SE of Wooton-Basset r. station, and 6 SSW of Swindon. It has a post office under Swindon. Acres, 3,659. Real property, £2,826. Pop., 657. Houses, 141. The property is divided among about sixteen. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. ...
Value, £302.* Patron, St. Nicholas Hospital, Salisbury. The church is old but good; and has a square embattled tower. The vicarage of Broad Town is a separate benefice. A school has £42 from endowment; and other charities have £32. Sir John Glanville, the eminent lawyer, was a resident.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broad Hinton, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Broad Hinton ".