Place:


Llys Faen  Caernarvonshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llys Faen like this:

LLYSFAEN, a parish in Conway district, Carnarvon; on the coast, and on the Chester and Holyhead railway, contiguous to Denbighshire, near Llandulas r. station, and 3 miles W of Abergele. It contains the townships of Isallt, Isyffordd, Pant, Penmain, and Rhwngyddnyfordd; and it has a post office under Abergele, Denbighshire. ...


Acres, 1,900; of which 106 are water. Real property, £3,727; of which £1,509 are in quarries. Pop. in 1851,771; in 1861,908. Houses, 206. Llysfaen Hill is about 700 feet high; commands a magnificent view; and was crowned by a semaphore telegraph sta tion, on the line from Holyhead to Liverpool. Limestone is very largely worked. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £250.* Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. There are a Calvinistic Methodist chapel, and charities £4.

Llys Faen through time

Llys Faen is now part of Conwy district. Click here for graphs and data of how Conwy has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llys Faen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llys Faen, in Conwy and Caernarvonshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11781

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llys Faen ".