Place:


Brattleby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brattleby like this:

BRATTLEBY, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; on the Wolds, 4 ½ miles NE of Saxilby r. station, and 7 NNW of Lincoln. Post Town, Hackthorn, under Lincoln. Acres, 1,220. Real property, £1,926. Pop., 153. Houses, 28. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £260. Patron, Balliol College, Oxford. The church is good.

Brattleby through time

Brattleby is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brattleby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brattleby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11758

Date accessed: 22nd September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brattleby ".