Place:


Brant Broughton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brant Broughton like this:

BROUGHTON-BRANT, a parish in the district of Newark and county of Lincoln; on the river Brant, 4½ miles NE of Claypole r. station, and 8 E by S of Newark. It has a post office, of the name of Brant-Broughton, under Newark. Acres, 2,932. Real property, £6,453. Pop., 755. Houses, 156. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £560.* Patron, Sir R. Sutton, Bart. The church is decorated English. There are Quaker and Wesleyan chapels, and a Church school.

Brant Broughton through time

Brant Broughton is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brant Broughton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brant Broughton, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11753

Date accessed: 22nd January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brant Broughton ".