In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Branston like this:
BRANSTON, or Branson, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; 4 miles SE of Lincoln r. station. It includes a fen allotment, and has a post office under Lincoln. Acres, 5,389. Real property, £9,269. Pop., 1,469. Houses, 283. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £677.* Patron, the Rev. B. Curtois. The church is pretty good; and there are two Methodist chapels, a Church school. and charities £25.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Branston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Branston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Branston, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th September 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Branston".