In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bottesford like this:
BOTTESFORD, a township and a parish in Glanford-Brigg district, Lincoln. The township lies 4 miles E of the river Trent, 3 S of Frodingham r. station, and 7 W of Brigg. Real property, £3,300. Pop., 157. Houses, 33. The parish contains also the townships of Ashby, Burringham, Yaddlethorpe, Holme, and part of East Butterwick; and its Post Town is Ashby under Brigg. Acres,-7,470. Real property, with the rest of East Butterwick, £11,371. Pop., 1,616. Houses, 361. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Messingham, in the diocese of Lincoln. The parish church is good; and there are a recent chapel of ease, two Methodist chapels, and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bottesford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Lincolnshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bottesford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bottesford in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th April 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bottesford".