Place:


Bloxholm  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bloxholm like this:

BLOXHOLME, or Bloxham, a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln; 5½ miles N of Sleaford r. station. Post Town, Digby, under Sleaford. Acres, 1,298. Real property, £1,976. Pop., 115. Houses, 23. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Digby, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £245.* Patron, the Right Hon. R. A.H. Nisbet. The church is good.

Bloxholm through time

Bloxholm is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bloxholm itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bloxholm, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11736

Date accessed: 14th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bloxholm ".