In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanddulas like this:
LLANDDULAS, a village and a parish in St. Asaph district, Denbigh. The village stands on the coast, adjacent to the Chester and Holyhead railway, at the spot where Richard II. was betrayed by Percy to Bollingbroke, 2¼ miles W by N of Abergele; is a pretty place; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Abergele. The parish comprises 606 acres of land, and 110 of water. Real property, £1,661; of which £17 are in quarries. Pop. in 1851,575; in 1861,619. Houses, 139. The property is divided among a few. Gwrch Castle, an imposing mansion, with extensive castellated front, belonged to the late L. H. B. Hesketh, Esq.; and Bryndulas is the seat of J. B. Hesketh, Esq.
Limestone is found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £160. * Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church contains a Norman arch, and is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanddulas has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Conwy. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanddulas and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanddulas, in Conwy and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd September 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanddulas".