In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bramhope like this:
BRAMHOPE, a township-chapelry in Otley parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the Leeds and Thirsk railway, 2 miles S of Arthington station, and 3½ SE by E of Otley. Post Town, Otley. Acres, 1,290. Real property, £2,055. Pop., 312. Houses, 83. The manor belongs to J. Dyneley, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £48. Patrons, Trustees. The church is plain. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and a Church school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bramhope has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Leeds. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bramhope and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bramhope, in Leeds and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th November 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bramhope".