In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broad Town like this:
BROAD-TOWN, a hamlet in Broad-Hinton parish, and a chapelry in Broad-Hinton and Cliffe-Pypard parishes, Wilts. The hamlet lies 1¼ mile NW of BroadHinton village, and 3 SE of Wootton-Basset r. station. The chapelry includes the hamlet; and was constituted in 1846. Post Town, Broad-Hinton, under Swindon. Pop., 473. Houses, 98. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £100.* Patrons, the Vicars of Broad-Hinton and Cliffe-Pypard alternately.
Broad Town is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Broad Town itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broad Town in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Broad Town ".