In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brinkworth like this:
BRINKWORTH, a village and a parish in Malmesbury district, Wilts. The village stands on a headstream of the Avon, 3½ miles WNW of Wootton-Basset r. station, and 5½ ESE of Malmesbury; and it has a post office under Chippenham, and is a polling-place. The parish includes also the tything of Grittenham. ...
Acres, 5,464. Real property, £10,618. Pop., 1,273. Houses, 280. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £808.* Patron, Pembroke College, Oxford. The church is early English, with a square tower; and there are an Independent chapel, and charities £26. Crisp, the antinomian, was rector.
Brinkworth is now part of North Wiltshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Wiltshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brinkworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brinkworth in North Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th April 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brinkworth ".