Place:


Boynton  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Boynton like this:

BOYNTON, a parish in Bridlington district, E. R. Yorkshire; on the Bridlington river, near the Bridlington railway, 3 miles WNW of Bridlington. It has a post office under Hull. Acres, 2,690. Real property, £3,325. Pop., 128. Houses, 21. The property all belongs to Sir G. Strickland, Bart. Boynton Hall is the baronet's seat; and a pavilion above it commands most beautiful views. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £141. Patron, Sir G. Strickland, Bart. The church is modern, but has an old tower.

Boynton through time

Boynton is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Boynton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Boynton, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11628

Date accessed: 17th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Boynton ".