Place:


High and Low Bishopside  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described High and Low Bishopside like this:

BISHOPSIDE (High and Low), a township in Ripon parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the river Nidd, 11 miles WSW of Ripon. It includes the town of Pateley-Bridge, and the hamlets of Fell-Beck, Raikes, Smelthouse, Waths, Whitehouses, and Wilsil. Acres, 5,813. Real property, £6,180. Pop., 2,052. Houses, 439.

High and Low Bishopside through time

High and Low Bishopside is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about High and Low Bishopside itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of High and Low Bishopside, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11604

Date accessed: 19th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " High and Low Bishopside ".