Place:


Billingborough  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Billingborough like this:

BILLINGBOROUGH, a parish in Bourn district, Lincoln; 3 miles E of Folkingham, and 7 S of Heckington r. station. It has a post office‡ under Folkingham. Acres, 2,020. Real property, £6,70 4. Pop., 1,149. Houses, 261. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £295.* Patron, Earl Fortescue. The church is decorated English; and has a fine tower and spire. There are Baptist and Wesleyan chapels, an endowed school with £32 a year, and charities £41.

Billingborough through time

Billingborough is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Billingborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Billingborough, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11569

Date accessed: 16th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Billingborough ".