Place:


Bempton  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bempton like this:

BEMPTON, a parish in Bridlington district, E. R. Yorkshire; on the coast. and on the Hull and Scarborough railway, 4½ miles N of Bridlington. It has a station on the railway; and its Post Town is Bridlington, under Hull. Acres, 2,093; of which 163 are water. Real property, £3,708. Pop., 346. Houses, 70. The property is much subdivided. The living is a donative in the diocese of York. Value, £51. Patron, H. Broadley, Esq. The church has a nave of four bays with round pillars, and a chancel rebuilt in 1829. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Bempton through time

Bempton is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bempton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bempton, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11546

Date accessed: 16th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bempton ".