Place:


Yanworth  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yanworth like this:

YANWORTH, or Enworth, a chapelry in Hazleton parish, Gloucester; 8½ miles NNE of Cirencester r. station. Post town, Northleach, under Cheltenham. Acres, 1,340. Real property, £1,265. Pop., 123. Houses, 23. The property belongs to the Earl of Eldon. The living is annexed to Hazleton.

Yanworth through time

Yanworth is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Yanworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yanworth, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11482

Date accessed: 12th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Yanworth ".