Place:


Westonbirt  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Westonbirt like this:

WESTON-BIRT, a parish in Tetbury district, Gloucester; 3 miles SW by S of Tetbury, and 10 SW of Tetbury-Road r. station. It has a post-office under Tetbury. Acres, 1,904. Real property, with Lasborough, £2,432. Pop., 190. Houses, 38. The property belongs to R. S. Holford, Esq.; and W.-B. House is his seat. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £226.* Patron, R. S. Holford, Esq. The church was restored in 1841. There is a national school.

Westonbirt through time

Westonbirt is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Westonbirt itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Westonbirt, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11459

Date accessed: 22nd April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Westonbirt ".