Place:


Weston Subedge  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston Subedge like this:

WESTON-SUB-EDGE, a parish, with a village, in the district of Evesham and county of Gloucester; 2¼ miles S of Honeybourne r. station, and 2¼ NW of Chipping-Campden. It has a post-office under Broadway. Acres, 2,632. Real property, £5,036. Pop., 369. Houses, 82. Burnt-Norton is a seat of the Earl of Harrowby. ...


Norton Hall is the seat of J. Fenton, Esq. There was formerly a splendid moated residence of the Bishops of Worcester. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £850.* Patrons, the Executors of Mrs. Bourne. The church was restored in 1861. There are an endowed school with £10 a year, and a charity for widows £20.

Weston Subedge through time

Weston Subedge is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weston Subedge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston Subedge, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11458

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Weston Subedge ".