Place:


Weston on Avon  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston on Avon like this:

WESTON-UPON-AVON, a parish in the district of Stratford-on-Avon, and counties of Gloucester and Warwick; on the river Avon, and on the Honeybourne and Stratford railway, around Milcote r. station, and 3½ miles SW by S of Stratford-on-Avon. Post town, Welford, under Stratford-on-Avon. Acres of the Gloucester portion, which is Weston tything, 1,060; of the Warwick portion, which is Milcote lordship, 480. ...


Real property, £1,376 and £1,122. Pop, 80 and 57. Houses, 19 and 9. The manor belongs to Countess Delawarr. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £84. Patron, Countess Delawarr. The church is good. There is an endowed school with £11 a year.

Weston on Avon through time

Weston on Avon is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Weston on Avon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston on Avon, in Stratford on Avon and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11457

Date accessed: 17th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Weston on Avon ".