Place:


Baldersby  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Baldersby like this:

BALDERSBY, a township and a chapelry in Topcliffe parish, N. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on the river Swale and on the Leeds and Thirsk railway, 5 miles NE of Ripon. It has a station on the railway, of the name of Baldersby-Gate: and its Post Town is Topcliffe, under Thirsk. Acres, 1,752. Real property, £3,360. Pop., 333. Houses, 67. The chapelry is more extensive than the township. Pop. in 1851, 687. The property belongs to two. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £120.* Patron, Viscount Downe. The church is new.

Baldersby through time

Baldersby is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Baldersby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Baldersby, in Harrogate and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11442

Date accessed: 12th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Baldersby ".