Place:


Great Washbourne  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Great Washbourne like this:

WASHBOURNE (Great), a parish in Winchcomb district, Gloucester; 4 miles E by N of Ashchurch r. station, and 4½ NNW of Winchcomb. Post town, Winchcomb, under Cheltenham. Acres, 470. Real property, £1,125. Pop., 83. Houses, 24. The manor belongs to R. Prance, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £120. Patron, the Rev.Covey. The church is ancient.

Great Washbourne through time

Great Washbourne is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Great Washbourne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Great Washbourne, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11441

Date accessed: 19th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Great Washbourne ".