In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aubourn like this:
AUBOURN, a township and a parish in the district and county of Lincoln. The township lies on the river Witham, near the Fosse road and the Nottingham and Lincoln railway, 3½ miles SE of Thorpe r. station, and 6¼ SW by S of Lincoln; and includes the hamlet of Marlborough. Acres, 1,843. Real property, £2,474. Pop., 308. Houses, 61. The parish includes also part of the township of Haddington. Post Town, Waddington under Lincoln. Acres, 2,109. Real property, with the rest of Haddington, £3,636. Pop., 376. Houses, 73. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £209. Patron, the Rev. H. Neville. The church is Norman. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £19.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Aubourn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North Kesteven. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Aubourn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aubourn, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Aubourn".