Place:


Asterby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Asterby like this:

ASTERBY, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; on the Wolds, near the river Bain, 6 miles N by E of Horncastle r. station. Post Town, Scamblesby under Horncastle. Acres, 620. Real property, £1,838. Pop., 304. Houses, 68. The property is not much divided. Asterby Hall is the seat of T. Southwell, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £210.* Patron, W. H. Trafford, Esq. The church is ancient. There are a Baptist chapel, and charities £13.

Asterby through time

Asterby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Asterby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Asterby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11418

Date accessed: 19th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Asterby ".