Place:


Tibberton  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tibberton like this:

TIBBERTON, a parish in Newent district, Gloucester; 3½ miles SE of Newent, and 4½ NE by N of Grange-Court r. station. Post town, Gloucester. Acres, 1,400. Real property, £2,919. Pop., 391. Houses, 78. The manor, with T. Court, belongs to W. P. Price, Esq. Meredith is the seat of Lady Wedderburn. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £328.* Patron, the Rev. H. D. Y. Scott. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, a British school, and charities £12.

Tibberton through time

Tibberton is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tibberton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tibberton, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11364

Date accessed: 20th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tibberton ".