In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanddoget like this:
LLANDDOGET, a parish in Llanrwst district, Denbigh; adjacent to the river Conway, the Llanrwst railway, and the boundary with Carnarvon, 2 miles NNE of Llanrwst. Post town, Llanrwst, Denbighshire. Acres, 758. Rated property, £1,252. Pop., 276. Houses, 62. The property is subdivided. The manor belonged formerly to the Bishops of St. Asaph. Belmont and Plâs Madoc are chief residences. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £187.* Patron, the Bishop of St. Asaph. The church is dedicated to St. Donovan; contains monuments of the Kyffins and the Wynnes; and is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llanddoget has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Conwy. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llanddoget and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanddoget, in Conwy and Denbighshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llanddoget".