Place:


Twyford  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Twyford like this:

TWYFORD, a parish, with a village and a chapelry, in Melton-Mowbray district, Leicester; 6 miles SSW of Melton-Mowbray r. station. Post town, Melton-Mowbray-Acres, 2,420. Real property, £4,539 Pop., 543. Houses, 114. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Hungerton. The church was restored in 1849. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £34.

Twyford through time

Twyford is now part of Melton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Melton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Twyford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Twyford, in Melton and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11351

Date accessed: 26th April 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Twyford ".