In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Syde like this:
SIDE, or Syde, a parish in Cirencester district, Gloucester; 7½ miles NW by N of Cirencester r. station. Post town, Winstone, under Cirencester. Acres, 614. Real property, £886. Pop., 55. Houses, 11. The manor belongs to J. Hall, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of G1oncester and Bristol. Value, £126. Patron, J. Hall, Esq. The church is good. .
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Syde has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cotswold. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Syde and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Syde, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th November 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Syde".