Place:


Tugby  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tugby like this:

TUGBY, a parish in Billesdon district, Leicester; 2¾ miles ESE of Billesdon, and 6¾ NNW of Medbourne Bridge r. station. It includes Keythorpe liberty, and has a post-office under Leicester. Acres, 1,830. Real property, £2,515. Pop., 360. Houses, 84. The manor, with Keythorpe Hall, belongs to Lord Berners. The living is a vicarage, united with East Norton, in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £284.* Patron, Lord Berners. The church has a Norman tower, and is good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £86.

Tugby through time

Tugby is now part of Harborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Tugby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tugby, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11347

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Tugby ".