Place:


Thringstone  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thringstone like this:

THRINGSTONE, a township in Whitwick parish, Leicester; 1½ mile NNE of Swannington r. station. It has a post-office under Leicester. Acres, 1,500. Real property, £5,852; of which £2,174 are in mines. Pop. in 1851, 1,298; in 1861, 1,404. Houses, 310. The manor belongs to T. Boultbee, Esq. The church of Whitwick-St. Andrew erected in 1862, the parsonage of Swannington-St. George, a Wesleyan chapel, two national schools, and a British school, are here.

Thringstone through time

Thringstone is now part of North West Leicestershire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North West Leicestershire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Thringstone itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thringstone in North West Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11340

Date accessed: 16th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Thringstone ".