Place:


Stratton  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stratton like this:

STRATTON, a parish, with a village, in Cirencester district, Gloucester; 1½ mile NNW of Cirencester r. station. It has a post-office under Cirencester. Acres, 1,320. Real property, £3,397; of which £20 are in quarries. Pop., 596. Houses, 139. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £336.* Patron, Col. Masters. The church is ancient but good. There is a parochial school.

Stratton through time

Stratton is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stratton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stratton, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11331

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stratton ".