Place:


Staunton  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Staunton like this:

STAUNTON, a parish in the district of Monmouth and county of Gloucester; 3 miles E of Monmouth r. station. It has a post-office under Coleford. Acres, 1,517. Real property, £1,635. Pop., 202. Houses, 44. S. Hill commands a fine view. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £149.* Patron, the Rev. E. Machen. The church is good. Charities, £32.

Staunton through time

Staunton is now part of Forest of Dean district. Click here for graphs and data of how Forest of Dean has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Staunton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Staunton, in Forest of Dean and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11323

Date accessed: 22nd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Staunton ".