Place:


Stonesby  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stonesby like this:

STONESBY, a parish in Melton-Mowbray district, Leicester; 3¾ miles N of Saxby r. station, and 6 NE of Melton-Mowbray. Post town, Melton-Mowbray. Acres, 1,370. Real property, £2,156. Pop., 271. Houses, 61. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £90. Patron, the Rev. H. J. Shephard. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities, £11.

Stonesby through time

Stonesby is now part of Melton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Melton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stonesby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stonesby, in Melton and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11302

Date accessed: 27th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stonesby ".