Place:


Stapleford  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stapleford like this:

STAPLEFORD, a parish in Melton-Mowbray district, Leicester; near Saxby r. station, and 4 miles E by S of Melton-Mowbray. Post town, Melton-Mowbray. Acres, 3,960. Real property, £3,696. Pop., 109. Houses, 28. S. Hall is the seat of the Countess of Harborough. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Saxby. The church was built in 1783. Charities, £148.

Stapleford through time

Stapleford is now part of Melton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Melton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stapleford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stapleford, in Melton and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11293

Date accessed: 15th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stapleford ".