Place:


Castle Caereinion  Montgomeryshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Castle Caereinion like this:

CASTLE-CAEREINION, a parish in the district and county of Montgomery; 4 miles WNW of Forden r. station, and 4 WSW of welshpool. It includes the townships of Castle, Gaer, Moydog, Sylfaen, Trefnant, Cwmgoron, Hydan-Ucha, Hydan-Dol, Nantforch, and Trehelig; and has a post office under Welshpool. ...


Acres, 6,540. Rated property, £4,619. Pop., 682. Houses, 134. The property is divided among a few. A castle of the princes of Powys was here. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £575.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was recently in a dilapidated state. A school has £17 from endowment; and other charities £45.

Castle Caereinion through time

Castle Caereinion is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Castle Caereinion itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Castle Caereinion, in Powys and Montgomeryshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11285

Date accessed: 23rd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Castle Caereinion ".