In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sheepy Magna like this:
SHEEPY-MAGNA, a village and a parish in the district of Atherstone and county of Leicester. The village stands 3 miles N E by N of Atherstone r. station; and has a post-office, of the name of Sheepy, under Atherstone. The parish includes Ratcliffe-Culey chapelry, and comprises 2, 820 acres. Real property, £5, 794. Pop., 647. Houses, 154. The property is subdivided. S. Hall is the seat ofLowe, Esq.; and Pinwell, of J. Wood, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with Ratcliffe-Culey and Sheepy-Parva, in the diocese of Peter-borough. Value, £1,040. Patron, the Rev. T. Fell. The church is partly Norman. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £25.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sheepy Magna has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Hinckley and Bosworth. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sheepy Magna and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sheepy Magna, in Hinckley and Bosworth and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sheepy Magna".