Place:


Sewstern  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sewstern like this:

SEWSTERN, a chapelry in Buckminster parish, Leicester; 1 mile S S E of B. village, and 5¼ E N E of Saxby r. station. Post-town, Colsterworth, under Grantham. Real property, £2, 424. Pop., 307. Houses, 67. The manor belongs to the Earl of Dysart. The living is annexed to Buckminster. The church was built in 1842; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Sewstern through time

Sewstern is now part of Melton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Melton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sewstern itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sewstern, in Melton and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11261

Date accessed: 27th January 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sewstern ".