Place:


Arkendale  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Arkendale like this:

ARKENDALE, a township-chapelry in the parishes of Knaresborough and Farnham, W. R. Yorkshire; 2¾ miles N of Goldsborough r. station, and 3½ NE of Knaresborough. It has a post office under Knaresborough. Acres, 1,620. Real property, £4,235. Pop., 242. Houses, 47. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £80.* Patron, the Vicar of Knaresborough. The church is modern and good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Arkendale through time

Arkendale is now part of Harrogate district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harrogate has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Arkendale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Arkendale, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11202

Date accessed: 24th September 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Arkendale ".