In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bettws Bleddrws like this:
BETTWS-BLEDDRWS, a parish in Lampeter district, Cardigan; with a station on the Manchester and Milford railway, 3 miles NNE of Lampeter. Post Town, Lampeter, under Carmarthen. Acres, 2,216. Real property, £1,128. Pop., 222. Houses, 41. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £143.* Patron, the Bishop of St. David's. The church has a tower and spire, and is good There are chapels for Baptists and Calvinistic Methodists. David ap Gwylim, who flourished in the middle of the 14th century, and whose writings were published in 789, and have mainly contributed to the modern literary dialect of Wales, was a native.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bettws Bleddrws has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ceredigion. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bettws Bleddrws and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bettws Bleddrws, in Ceredigion and Cardiganshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th May 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bettws Bleddrws".