Place:


Sandhurst  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sandhurst like this:

SANDHURST, a parish, with a straggling village, in the district and county of Gloucester; near the river Severn, 3 miles N of Gloucester r. station. It has a postal letter-box under Gloucester. Acres, 2, 227. Real property, £5, 507. Pop., 549. Houses, 117. The property is much subdivided. ...


Wallsworth Hall is the seat of Capt. De Winton. Brickmaking is carried on; and manysalmon are caught. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £310.* Patron, the Bishop of G. and B. The church is Norman, and was restored and enlarged in 1858. Charities, £25.

Sandhurst through time

Sandhurst is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sandhurst itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sandhurst, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11169

Date accessed: 14th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sandhurst ".