Place:


Salperton  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Salperton like this:

SALPERTON, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; among the Cotswolds, 4 miles N N W of Northleach, and 5¾ W by S of Bourton-on-the Water r. station. Post-town, Andoversford, under Cheltenham. Acres, 1, 210. Real property, £1, 472. Pop., 189. Houses, 42. The manor, with S. Park, belongs to T. B. Browne, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £107. Patron, T. B. Browne, Esq. The church is early Norman. There is a national school.

Salperton through time

Salperton is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Salperton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Salperton, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11167

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Salperton ".