Place:


Lubbesthorpe  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lubbesthorpe like this:

LUBBESTHORPE, a chapelry in Aylestone parish, Leicestershire; on the river Soar, 4 miles SW of Leicester r. station. Post town, Leicester. Acres, 1,200. Real property, £1,869. Pop., 64. Houses, 12. The property belongs to the Duke of Rutland. A monastery was anciently here; and the site of it is now occupied by a farm-house. The church of the chapelry went long ago into decay.

Lubbesthorpe through time

Lubbesthorpe is now part of Blaby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Blaby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lubbesthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lubbesthorpe, in Blaby and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11139

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lubbesthorpe ".