Place:


Rockhampton  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rockhampton like this:

ROCKHAMPTON, a parish, with a village, in Thornbury district, Gloucester; 2 miles N N E of Thornbury, and 4¾ W by N of Charfield r. station. Post-town, Thornbury, under Bristol. Acres, 1, 206. Real property, £2, 740. Pop., 248. Houses, 50. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Major Peach. R. Lodge is the seat of F. Brooks, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £289.* Patron, Mrs. Coates. The church was partlyrebuilt in 1862. Charities, £14.

Rockhampton through time

Rockhampton is now part of South Gloucestershire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Gloucestershire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rockhampton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rockhampton in South Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11137

Date accessed: 13th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rockhampton ".