Place:


Loddington  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Loddington like this:

LODDINGTON, a parish, with a village, in Billesdon district, Leicester; on the river Eye, adjacent to Rutland, 5½ miles WNW of Uppingham, and 6½ SW of Oakham r. station. Post town, Uppingham. Acres, 1,840. Real property, £3,309. Pop., 142. Houses, 24. The property is divided among a few. ...


The manor belongs to H. Morris, Esq. A petrifying spring is near the church. An ancient camp, supposed to be Roman, is at Filton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £175. Patron,H. Morris, Esq. The church is decorated English; and consists of nave and aisles, with low square tower.

Loddington through time

Loddington is now part of Harborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Loddington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Loddington, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11132

Date accessed: 20th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Loddington ".