Place:


Quedgeley  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Quedgeley like this:

QUEDGELEY, a village and a parish in the district and county of Gloucester. The village stands near the Gloucester and Berkeley canal, 3 miles S S W of Gloucester r. station; and has a post-office under Gloucester. The parish contains also the hamlet of Woolstrop, and comprises 1, 453 acres. Real property, £4, 578; of which £1,000 are in the canal. ...


Pop., 408. Houses, 80. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Q. House, belongs to J.Hayward, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £230.* Patron, J.Hayward, Esq. The church is decorated English; was recently repaired; and consists of nave, aisles, chancel, and porch, with tower and spire. There is a national school.

Quedgeley through time

Quedgeley is now part of Gloucester district. Click here for graphs and data of how Gloucester has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Quedgeley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Quedgeley, in Gloucester and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11116

Date accessed: 25th March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Quedgeley ".