Place:


Ainderby Steeple  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ainderby Steeple like this:

AINDERBY-STEEPLE, a township and a parish in Northallerton district, N. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on the river Swale, adjacent to Ainderby r. station, 3 miles W of Northallerton; and has a post office under Northallerton. Acres, 1,138. Real property, £2,755. Pop., 319. Houses, 75. The parish includes also the townships of Warlaby, Morton-upon-Swale, and Thrintoft. ...


Acres, 4,505. Real property, £9,205. Pop., 848. Houses, 191. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £200. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good. Charities, £8.

Ainderby Steeple through time

Ainderby Steeple is now part of Hambleton district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hambleton has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ainderby Steeple itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ainderby Steeple, in Hambleton and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11098

Date accessed: 21st February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ainderby Steeple ".