In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Adwick upon Dearne like this:
ADWICK-UPON-DEARNE, a parish in Doncaster district, W. R. Yorkshire; on the river Dearne, near Bolton-upon-Dearne r. station, 6¾ miles NNE of Rother ham. Post Town, Bolton-upon-Dearne under Rotherham. 2 Acres, 1,107. Real property, £1,473. Pop., 226. Houses, 44. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Wath, in the diocese of York. The church is ancient.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Adwick upon Dearne has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Doncaster. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Adwick upon Dearne and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Adwick upon Dearne, in Doncaster and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 05th July 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Adwick upon Dearne".