Place:


Pitchcombe  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pitchcombe like this:

PITCHCOMBE, a parish in Stroud district, Gloucester; 2 miles N of Stroud r. station. Post-town, Stroud. Acres, 217. Real property, £770. Pop., 178. Houses, 34. P. House is the seat of J. Little, Esq. Extensivechemical works are partly within the boundary. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Harescomb, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church was rebuilt in 1819. There is an Independent chapel.

Pitchcombe through time

Pitchcombe is now part of Stroud district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stroud has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pitchcombe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pitchcombe, in Stroud and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11090

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pitchcombe ".