Place:


Pebworth  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pebworth like this:

PEBWORTH, a village and a parish in the district of Evesham and county of Gloucester. The village stands near the boundary with Worcester, 1½ mile N E of Honey-bourne r. station, and 5 N by W of Chipping-Campden. The parish con tains also the hamlet of Broad-Marston; and its post town is Chipping-Campden, under Moreton-in-the-Marsh. ...


Acres, 3,050. Real property, £5, 391. Pop., 736. Houses, 163. The property is much sub-divided. The manor belongs to T. Shekel, Esq. There are mineral springs. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £98. Patron, T. Shekel, Esq. The church is good, and has a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school with £24 a year, and charities £48.

Pebworth through time

Pebworth is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pebworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pebworth, in Wychavon and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11072

Date accessed: 14th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pebworth ".