Place:


Meysey Hampton  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Meysey Hampton like this:

HAMPTON-MAISEY, a parish in Cirencester district, Gloucester; near the boundary with Wilts, 2½ miles W by S of Fairford, and 6½ ESE of Cirencester r. station. It has a post office under Cricklade. Acres, 1, 920. Real property, £1, 596. Pop., 352. Houses, 80. The property is much subdivided. ...


The manor belongs to John Mott, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £604. * Patron, Corpus Christi College, Oxford. The church is ancient and cruciform, and has a central tower. There are a Baptist chapel, a British school, and charities £9.

Meysey Hampton through time

Meysey Hampton is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Meysey Hampton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Meysey Hampton, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10995

Date accessed: 19th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Meysey Hampton ".