In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thorpe Langton like this:
LANGTON-THORPE, a township in Church-Langton parish, Leicester; 3½ miles N by E of Market-Harborough. It has a post-office under Market-Harborough. Real property, £1,947. Pop., 120. Houses, 36. A church is here, as a chapel to Church-Langton; is a small old edifice, comprising nave, aisles, chancel, and S porch, with pinnacled-tower and octagonal spire; and was about to be restored in 1864, at a cost of £1,000.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Thorpe Langton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Harborough. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Thorpe Langton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thorpe Langton, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th October 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Thorpe Langton".